Promotional Product Spotlight: Cosmic Promotions
Perhaps the most stunning promotional product image of the 20th century is the blue-green orb of Earth floating above the gray lunar horizon against the velvet blackness of space. It's also pretty dramatic sitting on a stack of papers sitting on a cluttered desk. That's what many marketers are discovering about a new group of "cosmic" promotional products gifts and reminders - globes, maps, star charts, and all kinds of celestial things that serve some useful purpose like telling time or temperature, weighting paper or just looking cool.
Here are just some of the promotional products and corporate gifts that tell your customers you're environmentally sensitive, offer expanded international services, and "making a world of changes"- you get the idea:
* The Earth chime - a colorful globe that fits in your hand and makes soothing chime sounds as it rolls from palm to palm or across your desk.
* The Hug-a-planet is a large, soft globe that can be custom decorated and serve as a whimsical pillow - a great gift but less-than-precise navigational tool.
* Traditional desktop globes are great for illustrating a company's global vision.
* A Telescope, moon phase clock, or trip planning CD-ROM are popular gifts just about anyone would appreciate.
* Effective tie-in slogans include: "A World of Thanks", "World-Wide Sales","The World is Yours" and "We Bring the World to You".
If there's a lesson in this growing demand for cosmic gifts, it may be that as the world gets smaller and more vulnerable it earns a special place in out hearts...and on our desk.